Hi,
I have noticed that our Jira installation is embeding undesired google analytics call in the generated pages.
<script type="text/javascript" async="" src="http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js"></script>
Update:
As far as I can tell it is comming from greenhopper:
com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-rapid-analytics.js:1
Atlassian, why is GH attempting to gather details like issue titles, host names, etc that can contain confidential information? How can I make sure it will remain disabled?
Thank you
It was greenhopper plugin. There is an analytics checkbox in the plugin settings that can be disabled which removed the calls to google analytics.
I do have to note it is concerning that issue tittles are sent by default, as these can contain sensitive information.
Thank you everyone for pointing me in the right direction
have a look here: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Adding+JavaScript+to+all+pages+for+Google+Analytics
Best regards
Thomas
I checked /atlassian-jira/includes/decorators/aui-layout/header.jsp and there is nothing there besides default code to poll plugins. I guess I will need to search through the Jira source code.
Just to make sure I am being clear:
I do not want to add google analytics to the Jira. I want to remove it. So I am trying to figure out what puts it there. Something is trying to send issue titles, host names, etc. to an unknown party...
Looked at ie source of one of my issues on Jira 5.0.1 and there is no google analytics being included. I would check your installed plugins. I would also check a different browser (maybe a different machine as well) to make sure it is not a browser extension.
Just wanted you to check whether someone else might have activated this in you instance :-)
Same problem with Bonfire. I also have complained to Atlassian that this is "on by default"... I think it should be opt-in, not opt-out.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.