So I'm trying hard to swallow my distaste of the RT editor. I'm also going to steadfastly refuse to use any type of wiki markup for insertion of data for two reasons:
1 - Because Atlassian is moving away from wiki markup. If they want to move away from it, then I need to learn to use the RT editor and only the RT editor. By doing so, I'll be able to provide feedback to the point that the RT editor (hopefully) eventually works for me enough to supplant wiki markup.
2 - You can't edit the markup in wiki markup ( without plugins ), so having one way of inserting data and another way for editing data is ineffective. Also, the source editor, imho, is a joke. Editing pure XHTML/XML by hand is a throwback to a decade ago.
That being said, is there any shortcut to edit an existing macro on a page?
For example, I want to be able to type {toc} or have a table of contents macro in the page - and quickly highlight the macro and bring up the edit page without using my mouse.
I couldn't find any available shortcuts in the help or confluence documentation for doing so. I should note that we're on 4.0.3 with plans ( supposedly ) to upgrade soon.
Thanks!