I have a Project which contains multiple user groups and lots of Issue Types. In the Permissions Scheme, all user groups have the ability to "Edit Issues" and this works fine for all Issue Types apart from one.
For this exception "Issue Type ABC", I want to create a rule so that anyone can create an ticket, but only members of user group "CF-MNO PQR" can edit certain custom fields within the ticket. For example after a ticket has been created, anyone can edit custom field 'description', however, only members of group "CF-MNO PQR" can edit 'Assignee' or 'Priority'.
I have created a Board and set transitions so only user group "CF-MNO PQR" can move the ticket through the various statuses. However, this doesn't stop all users from being able to edit the ticket.
I have investigated Property Key and Property Value. I have tried Property Key jira.permission.edit.group & Property Value CF-MNO PQR at each workflow status, and this allows only members of that group to edit the ticket. However, this means other users cannot update custom fields such as 'description' which is not what I want.
Does anyone have any advice on how to solve this problem?
Thanks! Jatin