I created a new issue type, Initiative, that will be above Epics. I created the issue type but can't drag it above Epic. Epic continues to stay at #1.
Hi @Kate Madden
Welcome to the community!
Have you worked with your sys admin to update the hierarchy? Look at step 3.
Link:https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-custom-hierarchy-levels-in-advanced-roadmaps/
@Kate Madden -
Welcome to the community. To supplement what @Fabian Lim mentioned. This is what you should see (NOTE - this is assuming that you have the system admin rights)
When you create a new hierarchy level it will always be placed above Epic (#1) level.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
One more thing to look for. Be sure you have the parent link field available in your Epics to be able to link them to the Initiative that is the Parent.
Hi @Joseph Chung Yin , do you know how to take Initiative from #2 to #1? I still can't get my initiative to pull up on the roadmap
@Yuta Nagano -
Welcome to the community. Can you send a screenshot of your Hierarchy setup screen? What is the issue type listed above Epic?
Best, Joseph
Thank you for the welcome, @Joseph Chung Yin ! Here is a screenshot of the task hierarchy above. When I created the new level/issue type it automatically labeled it as #2. This is immutable and cannot change for some reason. Is there a way around this?
Additionally, Initiative pops up as an option on the "+ create issue" button in Plans, but is greyed out. Not sure why it isn't clickable even though the new project I created has initiative as an issue type.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.