Our automation screen looks similar to the screenies but does not include "View Performance Insights". Does anyone know if this is Cloud only or something? I am hoping it is included in Data Center as that's our future... or maybe we aren't on the right version? Server 8.13.19 does not have this, is all I know for sure.
Thanks!
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/view-performance-insights-for-automation-rules/
Seems I was looking in the wrong place. The feature is available in Jira Server 8.13.22 and likely earlier versions too.
Hi @Robert Leachman
First thing, I am using Cloud and not Data Center/Server versions...
The documentation for Data Center/Server does show this feature is available:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/view-performance-insights-for-automation-rules-1013851985.html
Kind regards,Bill
Good hit, thanks Bill!
I wonder if it released with V8, that would explain it... I came up short finding it in release notes though.
That's interesting. Perhaps check with your admin to check if there is an update to the automation addon.
And, I guess it is also possible that only the Pro (paid) and not Lite (free) version has this feature, although I would find that surprising as it is essential to manage usage and troubleshoot misbehaving rules.
I am the admin! And this is Atlassian's add-on, I can't think of a more Pro setup than we are running
https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation
This remains a concern. My users are asking we would add a global automation rule that starts with big conditionals:
When any comment is added
If the issue is included in (not simple filter)
Do something good
I am balking as this would seem an obvious way to tank performance. Advice?
Agreed: firing the global rule for every comment and then not processing could be an processing hit...and I would measure that to confirm the impact before trying anything different/more complicated.
Depending upon what "do something good" is and how soon you need it after the comment is added...How about inverting this: use a scheduled trigger with the complicated filter and use a condition to test for a recently added comment? This would then only fire when there are issues meeting the filter, and only proceed when there was a recent comment.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.