Currently using a trial version of JIRA 4.4 and would like to know if it is possible to display fields with NULL values when viewing a task/sub-tasks. I am able to see the field only in Edit mode. A possible workaround to have the field configured so that it has a default value; however, I would like not to have a default value be put in place.
I checked out some previous threads on this same topic but it looks like it was only addressed in previous 3.x versions of JIRA.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7668
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6697
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Displaying+Custom+Fields+with+no+value
Thanks,
FChan
You might need to edit the corresponding VM's for the CustomField type (Resource type="view" in system-customfieldtypes-plugin.xml)
I am also searching for this. Why is it that no one can say how to accomplish this in 4.x and newer? There is a a view_customfields.jsp which takes care of part of it, but this is not complete, since if I change this and take out the test for whether the custom field is empty, I get a java null exception when, for example, I click create and want to see all fields displayed in the resulting view.
It appears that the new FieldScreenRendererImpl.class no longer contains a comparable test. It must be accomplished elsewhere but don't know where. Someone with the expertise, please help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.