I imported a Word document into a Confluence 4.0 space using the Documentation theme, splitting into multiple topics down to the fourth level. The import looks pretty good except the table of contents has been put into alphabetical order. They're still nested correctly, but each set of headings / pages is sorted alphabetically.
If http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Office+Connector+Limitations+and+Known+Issuesmentions this I can't find it. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?
Same thing happening in 4.0.3.
I don't know the answer (not using 4.0) but it sounds as if you're importing the generated toc from Word. Wouldn't it make more sense to delete that before importing, and then ask Confluence to generate a new toc for you?
Having said that, I wonder -- Does 4.x even support the "toc" macro?
Word import is a feature in the 4.x UI. It picks up the TOC structure from the .doc / .docx file but scrambles it by sorting each node in alphabetical order. It's a known bug:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OFFCONN-53
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.