Hi there,
I'm in the process of auditing and doing an editorial pass of our wiki pages. To do so, I need to be able to add inline comments while I'm editing the page and have others respond to them. These comments are to stay on the unpublished draft so only collaborators can see them and respond to them. Other visitors of the published page should not see these comments.
While researching this feature, I came across this page where it says that you can add inline comments in Edit mode but I'm not able to do this.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Inline-comments-while-editing-FINALLY/ba-p/1444781
Thanks for your help!
hello @Mahyad Abtahi ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Do you know if you're on Confluence Cloud or on Server/Data Center?
Data Center
The article you linked to was for Confluence Cloud. I don't think that inline comments while editing is available for Server/Data Center.
Oh I see. Well, it'll be harder to collaborate then...Thanks for your response.
Hi @Mahyad Abtahi ,
On Data Center, there's no way to add inline comments in edit mode. But on Confluence 8.3. there was added a functionality to see them in edit mode. As an option, you can take a look at Talk - Advanced Inline Comments that have this feature. Also, you can set up visibility restrictions for Talk comments only for your company users or groups not to let external ones see some private information in them.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.