Hi,
I'm facing a weird functionality\bug in Jira where cloning a Jira, sometimes creates two issues
(instead of one).
Can you please suggest a fix\workaround ?
Thanks,
Regds,
Pawan
Hi Pawan,
I suggest that by "cloning a JIRA" you mean cloning a single JIRA issue. If that is not what you'r speaking of, please make it clearer.
The most likely cause of creating several issues is that the are having subissues and those subissues are cloned as well. So in order to avoid that you will have to clon issues without subissues.
If this is not a problam at all but say the "source" issue is simply cloned two times (resulting in three instead of two identical issues) than something else is wrong and you should provide some more details.
Hope that helps? Cheers, David
There is not enough information to help you. What does your logs say? Does the issue being cloned have sub-tasks? Are you using Jira's builtin clone process or are you using one of the many clone plugins?
Hello Norman\Pawan,
With Jira, I mean single issue. I've checked the issue and din't find any sub-task for it (assuming sub-issue and sub-task are same).
While cloning a single issue sometimes results into two cloned issue. While other time, it results into a single cloned issue which is actually expected.
Getting details from logs is difficult as the issue occurs sporadically.
Please let me know if any other info I can provide in this regard.
Which version of JIRA?
sorry .. I missed to mention that. We are using Jira v4.4.5
Make sure you don't have some sort of post function on the *create issue* transition that creates issues.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.