How can I write foo\bar using JIRA markup? The backslash is an escape character and the double backslash does not appear to be rendered as a single backslash.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9258describes a workaround using the HTML escape code \ but I don't consider this to be a resonable solution.
*foo\bar*
IMO there is no need to escape something...
{ need to be escaped afaik..otherwise a line break will appear
i mean like blablabla{1,2}
this will be saved as
blablabla
{1,2}
blablabla\{1,2\} will show up correctly
Yes, but *foo\bar* is working perfectly.<br>
*foo\bar* is working perfectly.<br>
Yes, it works. It seems that I picked the wrong example. Try foo\*.txt. This will not work.
In this case:
UPDATE: Initially I picked the wrong example. As pointed out by Henning, foo\bar works fine. foo\*.txt doesn't though.
If it's a special text (like a directory) you could use
{noformat} foo\*.txt {noformat}
OK, than I only know the already mentioned method in JRA-9258.
There are many cases where symbols follow \ and the \ cannot be displayed.
I've wasted too much time with this trying to find workarounds that look terrible if they work at all.
for the shruggie enthusiasts
¯&#092;\_(ツ)\_/¯
UPDATE:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It appears you can just type it out now. NO NEED TO REPLY TO THIS THREAD.
Use the Character Encoding Number:
&#092;
OP stated
{Quote}https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9258describes a workaround using the HTML escape code \ but I don't consider this to be a resonable solution{quote}
This is the exact reason I was trying to find out how to escape a backslash without a newline.
actually, the above didn't work for me. this did:
¯\\_(ツ)\_/¯
Shruggers gonna shrug! ¯_(ツ)_/¯
This is a serious bug. If Jira has a WYSIWYG editor, it should be really WYSIWYG, and not just make a half-hearted attempt at it. (It should automatically escape all characters as needed, so that what you type is really what gets shown on the page.)
This worked for me:
{code}¯\_(ツ)_/¯{code}
Any working solution? I have to escape apostrophe (') and failed to find a way so far. I have to write "Won't do" in the conditional execution field.
I have gone for the "Will not do" workaround.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.