Is there any way to watch a user, not an issue in Jira?
If I want to watch all the issues assigned to Developer John Smith and be notified when there is a change? Can I do it? If yes, can you please tell me how.
Thank you,
- Lena
Not really.
You can sit on their profile page and watch their activity feed, but that's not really useful in general.
The best you can do, I think, is to define a filter for "Assigned to John Smith and updated > -Y", where Y is a number of hours/days you want to go back. You can then subscribe to it, and you'll be emailed it on a regular basis (make sure the interval for the subscription is at most Y). You can visit the filter any time too.
This is the kind of function that is really useful to a Test Manager.
I have found the filters in JIRA to be really useful. I rarely subscribe, because I'm in the app most of the day.
Same here - I hit my dashboard often enough that a few saved filters pushed through gadgets there save me needing to read an email!
Also a slightly better filter will be (if you are strictly looking at changes between specific status) is to use the JQL - status changed by 'username'
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.