I was wondering if anyone tried to use a simple CDN such as Cloudflare to run Confluence/JIRA (not OnDemand of course)
Hi Martin,
I got to your question, by having the same question!I've set up Cloudflare on my Jira setup and it seems to be working.One thing I have noticed though, is when later adding on Confluence by linking to Jira you have to disable Cloudflare CDN on the link, otherwise it keeps telling you that it could not access the application (Jira) in setup.
After setting it up, I re-enabled Cloudflare CDN, and it seems to be working just fine
Hi Duncan
We're currently running JIRA in Amazon's North Virginia data centre and need to improve access to it for users in China. Is this something that Cloudflare can help with? Do you end up running multiple servers or does Cloudflare perform some caching? If the latter, how well does that work in practice when some of the data returned from JIRA is security-trimmed for the current user?
Any pointers, extra info, etc would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Philip
philip dot colmer at linaro dot org
Duncan
Did you have to set up any page rules in order to prevent certain content from being cached? We're finding that searching for issues results in a JS error. I've temporarily added a rule that causes the cache to be bypassed for all content but I'm hoping I can restrict it to a subset of everything!
Hi Philip, Hi Duncan, How are your CloudFlare and JIRA integrations doing? Have you tweaked the configuration somehow? What Performance profile in CloudFlare do you use? Best regards, Grzegorz Dubicki
I fixed the above issue by whitelisting our JIRA server IP on Cloudflare and the applinks registered right a way for both Confluence and Crucible.
Hi Victor,
Can you share your configuration for setting up CDN for JIRA & Confluence that is which files & folders of JIRA & Confluence I need to put on CDN
Thanks & Regards
Ankush Grover
I did a write up (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/CDN-CloudFront-and-Atlassian-Server-apps/m-p/731230#M2361) on boosting performance using AWS cloudfront. The underlying principles should be the same in terms of cache/bypass rules but the implantation in CloudFlare or other CDNs would differ. Hope it’s at least a useful starting point.
CCM
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.