Hi,
After the latest update (8.22.3) I've been experiencing problems with LDAP/AD Sync.
I have two LDAP user directories in Jira*, one for "Users", one for "Customers" and both are synced from the same Domain Controller.
The User Directory settings in both have slight difference in OU structure and group memberships but are otherwise identical.
This problem only manifests in the "Customer" directory while "Users" directory sync works flawlessly, and I stress this, with the same service account used in syncing.
Error message from the logs:
2022-06-07 04:58:07,094+0000 Caesium-1-2 ERROR ServiceRunner [c.a.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller] Error occurred while refreshing the cache for directory [ 10100 ].
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not create DirContext instance for transaction; nested exception is org.springframework.ldap.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090439, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 57, v4563^@]; nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090439, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 57, v4563^@]
(data 57 seems to be undocumented/reserved in LDAP wiki.)
This problem persists until I start to fiddle with the User Directory configs, this can take from couple of minutes to couple of hours, mainly changing account used to sync and suddenly it starts working again with the original account.
Problem can occur in Jira while Jira Service Management is unaffected and vice versa.
Problem also reoccurs after a day or two.
Account is and have been active this whole time and is used in the user directory sync without fail.
I'm using the official docker images.
*This problem occurs in both Jira and Jira Service Management Data Center editions (not clustered).
Any ideas what causes this/how can I fix this?