We just now upgraded our confluence from 7.12.5 to 7.18.7 to address the latest security vulnerability. Upon starting confluence getting this error:
Confluence will not start up because the build number in the home directory [8801] doesn't match the build number in the database [8703]
Since the build number of home directory is higher than the build number in database, I found below article and thinking if it would be Resolution 3 that needs to be applied to correct the problem:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-will-not-start-up-because-the-build-number-in-the-home-directory-doesn-t-match-the-build-number-in-the-database-after-upgrade-376834096.html
Thanks
Yes, this happens when you just point a different Confluence installation at a database from another version.
You should upgrade your Confluence, not point a new install at an old database.
I am getting this error post upgrade. We cloned our prod and marked it as dev so that I could upgrade the dev environment first .. and now I tried second time to upgrade from 7.12.5 to 7.14.3 instead of 7.18.1 and it is still the same error upon launching the confluence once upgrade finished . I verified the supported platform article and our configuration is supported.
Confluence will not start up because the build number in the home directory [8801] doesn't match the build number in the database [8703].
So, again, this happens when you point a new version of Confluence at an older database, rather than running an upgrade. This can be a valid way to upgrade, but it only works for versions that are closely compatible.
Could you try upgrading your 7.12 to 7.18 by running the upgrade process instead of creating a new 7.18 install and pointing it to your old database?
I believe I am not able to make my scenario clear.
I am doing an in place upgrade from7.12.5 to 7.18.1 and as soon as upgrade finishes I get the build number mismatch.
I ll update this thread once I hear back from atlassian support with a resolution. Thanks for your prompt reply.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.