I have written a lot of tests with the new parameter feature ${parameter}
However, I have a lot of tests where I need the results of another tests to make further test steps.
I can include a complete test with all those test steps in my test, but that means that I have test with sometimes almost 100 teststeps. And 90% of these steps are already done in another test.
So I need to add a precondition. But in the precondition I cannot use a ${parameter}
For example:
I want to test if a person can be the head of a department.
So I need to create a person
I need to create a department
I need to check if the relation is possible
I need to test this for different persons and different departments
The creation of a person is a seperate test and the creation of a department is a seperate test.
During all the testing I have already created lots of persons and lots of departments. So I just need to have a precondition, that a specific person and a specific department already exist.
If I add the test to create a person and the test to create an apartment to my test, I get looots of teststeps whiche are already done.
So I need to add a test with parameters as precondition or I need to use parameters in the already existing precondition field.
Is this possible?