Hi all,
This question is so basic, I feel like I'm missing something fundamental.
We are an established SaaS org with 1000s of internal metrics across our infrastructure and services, tracked in many different 3rd party systems, as well as custom monitoring software, that has evolved over 20+ years.
We want to use Statuspage to provide subsets of this data as customer friendly component level availability information.
I thought this was exactly what Statuspage was for - but I can't find anywhere in Statuspage on how to define a component to "go and get" its status information. There is the email automation, and there is a Statuspage API - but Statuspage needs to call OTHER APIs and collect data from OTHER sources.
Specifically, we need Statuspage to call RESTful APIs on existing systems to collect status information. Does Statuspage not do this? (The two main sources of this data we'd like to start with are PRTG and Fortimanager - but ultimately there are about a dozen different sources we need to go to.)
It looks like the expectation perhaps is that we need to write custom external orchestration apps to do this, and then have those apps call Statuspage's API with the results? I feel like I'm missing something, as it seems like Status software should be able to collect its own statuses.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide. I've really been excited about this software for some time, and now that we have the budget to proceed, I'm a little surprised that this was a roadblock.