
👋 Hi everybody,
I guess you’ve all heard about the #PM72 Summit. The virtual project management event organized by Jexo. It is a 72-hour stream with live discussion panels, talks from experts around the project management world and awesome afterparties. All while raising donations for Malala Fund who is working for a world where all girls can learn and lead.
So here is my take on the Meet the Speaker Series:
🧭 Who I am
My name is Andreas Haaken and I’m the product manager of Epic Sum Up and founder of APTIS. I am a father of 5 kids and love hiking in nature as a perfect compensation to the digital world.
I started “working” with 🖥️ computers 40 years ago. Since then I try to optimize 📈 everything with the help of digital devices. I discovered the Atlassian world in 2010 for me and it was a perfect match. Jira helps me to keep control over projects and the missing pieces are now added by Epic Sum Up.
📢 What I’m talking about
In my session I’ll talk about easy project recalibration when a project overwhelm hits. Constantly aligning projects and changing estimates is an ongoing process. And project overwhelm is a natural part of it. It happens to every project manager including me. But what do you do once it happens?
In my session I’ll show you 4 simple steps you can take to get your projects back on track. And how you can keep a better overview in the future.
I have used these steps myself a couple of times and so I wanted to share them with you as well. Hoping you can gain from them too.
While developing these 4 steps I’ve tried to keep them simple and tool independent so everyone can use them.
🤗 What I’m most excited about
I’m excited to connect with you at the European 🍻 afterparty and talk about all kinds of project management processes. And of course answer any questions and 💬 discuss feedback about my talk.
And as I’m always excited about lean project management practices I can definitely recommend taking a look at my interview about lean project management with Biro.
📅 Add my talk to your calendar
See you at PM’72