Hello everybody.
I try to get Request Type value in behaviours using getRequestTypeName() function. But the result is null.
Anybody knows how get this value?
Thanks.
Hi Mauricio,
Did you take a look at this documentation from the vendor already? https://docs.adaptavist.com/sfj/request-types-with-behaviours-70320725.html
I'm not 100% sure it is related. Could you share some extra context about your goal? Where is the behavior running and can you share some extra code?
Hi Charlie.
I need to hide some fields in Jira Screen depends of request type value.
I find the following article but is not working.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Get-the-request-type-in-the-behavior/qaq-p/1235865
However, the documentation you've given me indicates that it's not possible to get the value of the Request Type field using a script.
Following you could see the script I built. (Behaviours)
// Get request type value (Service Management / Service Desk)def reqType = getRequestTypeName() def issueTypeField = getFieldById(ISSUE_TYPE)def summaryField = getFieldById(SUMMARY)switch (reqType) { case "Value1": summaryField.setHelpText('Finalidad del Acceso') break case "value2": summaryField.setHelpText('Denominación de la campaña') break default: break}
Do you have any suggesitions?
@Mauricio Rodriguez
Did you manage to get something working for this?
I have a similar requirement, in that i need to restrict the selectable Resolutions depending on the Request Type.
Hi @Mauricio Rodriguez
The function getRequestTypeName() actually works only if has been called from the Initialiser part of the Behaviour. Not in a field script.
@Mauricio Rodriguez You have to get the string from rqtype.
That way it work for me in a behaviour
if (rqtype.toString()){rqtype = rqtype.toString().replace("(","").replace(")","")if(rqtype.toString().matches("Whatever"))
{
}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.