Hello,
I am wondering if it it possible to paginate no query get requests, as in: /rest/align/api/2/Capabilities
I know for a query type request there is the maxresults and startat but that doesn't seem to work for the above.
Regards,
Jason
Hey Jason,
Check out this article: 10X: API 2.0 GET Usage and Filters
The top and skip commands can be chained together to offer proper pagination (covered later in this article). Default order by is on ID, so the first 10 epics would mean IDs 1 - 10. Top Return the first 10 Epics Syntax /Epics?$top=<value> cURL example /Epics?$top=10 Skip Skip the first 521 epics and return all after Syntax /Epics?$skip=<value> cURL example /Epics?$skip=521
The top and skip commands can be chained together to offer proper pagination (covered later in this article). Default order by is on ID, so the first 10 epics would mean IDs 1 - 10.
Return the first 10 Epics
Syntax
/Epics?$top=<value>
cURL example
/Epics?$top=10
Skip the first 521 epics and return all after
/Epics?$skip=<value>
/Epics?$skip=521
Unfortunately, there's no total results indication in Jira Align API yet, it just returns a list of results (max 100) without other metadata.
You can find a few more useful articles here: Jira Align 10X: API 2.0
Hope that helps
Also, may be another topic but Jira API would show the total results in the JSON output that doesn't seem to be the case with Align?
Thank you, it does help. "skip" is basically the same as "startat" from what I am understanding. I haven't fully tested but I think the main difference is that they would be off by 1 as in if you skip 100 you will start at 101 but if you startat 100 it will start at 100.
Yup, you got it 👍
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.