Hi, I would like to search for attachments (by file extension) within Confluence. For example, if I want to search all Excel spreadsheets ending with *.xls, I can perform the /.*xls.*/ within the advance search. However, the search will yield over thousands of results. Although there are filters I can use to narrow down the results, I won’t be able to see anything about the file sizes.
For many systems, I can use the Linux command line to obtain similar results. However, when running find . -type f -name \*.xls within the Confluence parent directory (above the attachments folder), zero results are returned. Does this mean Confluence doesn’t upload file attachments to /confluence-data/attachments? If Confluence doesn’t upload the files there, how come the attachment folder is by far the largest directory on the server?
du -hs * | sort -rh | head -5
848G sandbox
148G attachments
5.1G index
1.1G webresource-temp
837M plugins-osgi-cache