Trying to make a filter with ClosedDate, but Jira doesn't have this like it does "created." Other than creating custom field to manually enter a close date, is there a way to search isses that were closed on a certain date?
Hi Eric,
I think you can achieve this by installing this plugin called JIRA Enhancer plugin. It has the ability to enhance your search result, for closed date and reopened data.
Josua
Not an answer, same question but I am looking query\sql instead of filter.
Trying to find first time closed issues on a certain date.
Thanks.
As Rian said, I also use this plugin, https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/5139.
It's quite useful.
Is there an alternative way to filter issues based on closed date range? JIRA Enhancer plugin has a lot of use cases which are not required by me and it ain't free! Any inputs?
This can be done by using status change search. For example:
... AND status = Closed AND status changed to Closed after startOfMonth() before endOfMonth() ...
use other way,
project = project1 AND component = comp1 AND updatedDate >= "2015/12/24" AND status = Closed
This doesn't really work, unless your project has locked down edits to Issues after the workflow has changed Issue status to Closed.
For instance if someone added a comment to the Issue after it was Closed it would still show up as modifying the updatedDate, even though it was already closed. Rendering an inaccurate appearance of Issue closure datestamp.
"status changed to" -> Thank you so much for this!
Seriously, how is THIS not a thing?
Right?
I'm shocked that a ticketing system is created and you can pull or filter on a specific Closed Date. Anyone measuring Expected and Actual or Lead time or Cycle time will need this date field. When will this be added??
Hi, thanks, do you know if this condition can be used with several attributes ?
status changed to (closed ou XXXXX) ?
Thanks
Tickets that have been closed or locked today (today is May 8th 2019):
updatedDate >= 2019-05-08 and status in (Closed, Locked)
It is important to use >= instead of = because = means that you're looking for issues that were locked/closed exactly at 00:00.
Hope it helped!
only works for people that do not update a closed issue ever. We sometimes will make updates to a closed issue, for example linking it to a new related issue to provide context.
I have found this and works a treat. Add this to the filter to get all records Closed in last 3 months for example. This is great. You can change the "Closed" to any workflow status.
"AND status changed to Closed after startOfMonth(-3)"
I.e. status changed to WORKFLOWSTATUS
Lev, this was so helpful for me. Thanks for posting it.
Fantastic, thank you! I didn't even know that status changed to parameter existed.
Most people I know actually use python or javascript to pull and maintain metrics. In the REST API you have the full item history so you can see anything ever done to an issue and when it was done. So you can see how often a story is re-estimated, how many times the description changes, If an item is re-opened you can seperate both efforts turnaround times, etc. You do have the ability to find through filtering when the status change by useing "status changed to <state> after <date>" but if an issue changed to that status multiple times it will hit on the most recent time it went to that state only.
I agree. Closed Date was in the previous version
We're using a filter with JQL query consisting status changes and updated date together. I see in the latest versions, ClosedDate field isn't provided.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.