Hi, I am still running on Jira server and have a Microsoft SQL Server. Yesterday we noticed that issues have gone missing and I looked at a database backup and saw that a total of 490 issues simply disappeared from our instance. They disappeared across several projects and as far as I can see, adjacent issue keys disappeared, meaning it was a range of issue keys e.g. KEY-162 to KEY-201 and KEY-212 to KEY-225 meaning they haven't been created in the same timeframe. Apart from that, I could not see anything special about these keys,
- The SQL server does not report any kind of crash or data loss
- I queried the SQL server today and from a couple of days ago and the total issue count on the instance is lower than what it was then
- I went into safe mode and did a full reindex, no change
- I scanned for integrity, no relevant errors
- the activity log does not mention the issues being deleted
- The audit log also does not show anything
- Nothing of relevance in the Jira error log
I can roll back to the database but I would like to know why my issues disappeared? Any ideas?