I have a custom field (Single_Select) in my jira instance. The field has some option values in it. I want to remove some of the options.
Could you please confirm what will be the impact of Delete option and Disable option in our 2 Lac+ tickets.
HI @RG
Delete removes the option from the listDisable hides the option from the end user
@Craig Nodwell Thanks for your quick reply.
What is the impact on existing 2 lakhs ticket in our instance, if we will detele the options. These values will be removed from all closed tickets or no impact on existing tickets.
I don't think it affects existing issues with a value, however I cannot validate that as I don't currently have an environment. Personally I would do a test sample of that re: add an option create a ticket with that value disable the value see if it's there, delete the value see if it's there. Sorry I cannot help more.
@Craig Nodwell is right - a disabled option cannot be selected when creating or editing an issue, but remains on existing issues it was applied to, so you can still report on it. Deleting an option strips it from all the issues it might be on.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.