Hi all,
A customer of mine is in the process of deploying Jira Service Management DataCenter.
JSM will be used for ITSM and ESM usecases.
A couple of service projects and one ITSM project will be on the portal.
Different groups of people will have access to different projects.
About Portal access.
There is a Manager Space project that will contains all services that are specifics to manager. Only Managers will have access to this specific project.
My understanding is :
If you choose to configure the project's customer permission as : "Customers who are added to the project", you will need to add each person you want to have access to this particular project as a customers.
If you choose to configure the project's customer permission as : "Customers who have an account on this Jira site", everyone with an account in this instance will be able to submit request in this project.
Now the question : If we have 1.2k managers, do I need to add 1.2k persons as customers in my project ? I tried to remove "Browse project" to the security type "Service project customer - portal access" and give it to the role "Service Desk customers" and adding my jira group that contains all our managers in the role "Service Desk customers" but I keep getting a critical permission error. Configured like this, it seems like I have the correct behaviour but the proeminent critical warning is getting on my nerves. If I want to stay by the ootb setup, I'll need to add customers. Is there a way to add customers to a project or an organization based on group membership other than with a script?
Thank you,