Hi,
on the begging I would like to say that I`m not administrator of Confluence, just an end user and I`m here because I need Your support.
In our company we are using Confluence as documentation system. Each IT Employee producing a lot of informations everyday but as I see, even if information structure is well organized its hard to find something using confluence search engine. Generel System looks very nice and is perfect to write documentation, unfortunately is uselless if You need to dig in big amount of data written by different people. This is my personal opinion as end user which must fight everyday with different documentations. I`m trying to optimize my search process since many months, but it seems thats standard booking in browser is working far more efficient.
Our Confluence team is focus only on keeping server alive and organizing the main structure of each space (links, title, tags). How to improve this search engine to provide most current/wanted list of content ?
Let say, in IT Group 100 people producing documentation, which more or less needs to have the same format and the same organization of the content. I suggested to our Confluence Team to create kind of formular which will collect all informations in the same way and store it as fields in the database. In answer they told me to use "white confluence page" and put there what ever I want. So doing 80%-95% of users for which documentation is not important from the search point of view. Its very problematic... I do not want to say chaotic.
How to avoid effect of "black hole" which we have right now with Confluence in our company ? How to organize big amount of data in form which will be easily sortable,searchable,accesible ?
What are the best practices to organize data in form more readable for this search engine ?
Greetings
Dlugasny