@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Dude - you are the man! Thank You so much. That was it. How in the heck does the JIRA Toolkit get uninstalled... Wow! Great service provided by you today.
All - see response from Nic below in the comments. Essentially the functionality I was looking for is contained within the JIRA Toolkit and for some reason our ToolKit had been removed. Anyhow - all is well, all is well!
I am dealing with two issues here, both related to the custom field "Text Field (read only)"
- I have used this custom field in the past within JIRA
- I know how to configure it
- Running JIRA version: 6.3.9
- Running JAVA version: 1.8.0_11
- Application Server Container: Apache Tomcat/7.0.55
- Database: MySQL - 5.5.28-0ubuntu0.12.04.2
- I created a new instance of the field, configured it and added it to a tab within JIRA and it will not display.
- Using the "Where is my field" Tool I receive conflicting results
- On the Edit Screen I receive the "everything is good" report - all green (see below)
- On the Default Screen I receive: (See below)
- Status: "The 'Component - Impact - Instructions' is not present on the form you are viewing"
- Field Value: "The field 'Component - Impact - Instructions' does not have value for issue (issue number here) and will not be displayed on the view issue page. Set value for that field so that it shows up."
- As mentioned above, I know how to configure the field, so that's not the problem. (see below)
- Furthermore, by comparing the two instances of the Where is my Field Tool I am left to conclude that I have most likely identified a Bug.
- If this isn't a Bug, I am confused as to why the Tool believes that I am good to go in one analysis but not in another. Can anyone explain why this may be happening?
- I have used this field in the past. While I was troubleshooting the issue I realized that every instance of the "Text Field (read only)" has been removed / "hidden" from JIRA. This is crazy!
I appreciate any assistance that can be provided.
Regards,
Jon F
- P.S. about four months ago I enabled the WikiRenderer feature for the first time. (which is very cool, but may not be related to this at all)
- I know that I probably shouldn't taint the reporting of this issue with that information, but in case anyone else has identified a connection or in the future does experience this issue and at that time it is a known negative-interdependence between them, you're welcome!

1.a.i
Edit Screen-Where is my Field..JPG
1.a.ii
Default Screen-Where is my Field..JPG
1.b
Edit Custom Field.JPG