When I put a {userMacro} inside a [link to {userMacro}] it doesn t get resolved at the right time. Confluence wants to create a page, though the link exists.
Solution?ThxG.
I would suggest you modify the userMacro in question to just generate the link rather then the page name.
Thanks, I did just this, but isn t the resolution order violation a major bug?
Hi Guenter,
I'm not so sure this is a bug, major or minor. The output from a user macro could be anything, not just text. I guess Confluence is playing it safe and saying that a text string is expected between [ and ], hence it doesn't parse the contents for any user macro processing.
Regards,
Charles
Well, thanks, my opinion is that expressions should be parsed in the right order, no matter what - and they could throw an error still if it evaluates to something the browser can t handle.
The currents behavior fits well with Confluence s other inconsistencies.G.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.