I am currently using the "Copy Issue" Post Function from CustomWare to create new tickets via a workflow transition (e.g. 'Create Bug' from Support ticket) and Script Runner's BuiltIn Script 'Create Sub-Task' to automatically create sub-tasks (e.g. 'Initial Estimate'). These kind of do what I need to do except that I don't just want to copy all (or selected) field values but I want to get a dialog that asks me for a e.g. the summary of the new sub-task.
Here is a use case: Developer works on support ticket or bug JIRA-1 "Something Broken..." and figures out that this investigation / bug fix requires a feature or improvement. Therefore he uses the workflow transition 'Create Feature' to automatically create and link a new issue (Feature). My current implementation achieves this by copying the issue. This results in another ticket for the feature that uses the same summary (e.g. JIRA-2 "Something Broken..."). I could use ScriptRunner to give whatever field a custom value, but where do I get it from? As far as I know, I cannot prompt a dialog that asks for a value for another ticket.
The only solution I can think of would be to create a custom field that temporarily stores a value (e.g. new issue's summary) and use a Groovy script (ScriptRunner can do) to update the summary with that value.
Is there any better way?