Every time I try to clone my company's online repository, I am prompted with a pop-up window to log into Altassian. When I enter my credentials, the window closes and a new one opens, again asking me for my password. This goes on forever. Here is the process I am doing:
- Open Sourcetree. I am currently logged into my Altassian account and I can see all of the repositories to which I have access.
- Click on "Clone" for the repository that I want to clone.
- This takes me to the normal clone page, where I can see the repo link and choose a folder to clone it into. Upon getting to this screen, a pop-up comes up prompting me to log into my account.
- I enter the credentials for my account. The window closes, but then pops up again prompting me to log in. This will go on forever.
No matter what I do, any time I want to clone a repo, I am presented with this pop-up and it is never satisfied with my response. I have tried the following things
- I reset my password to make sure I didn't simply forget it. The new password works for logging into my account (for example on the website), but did not help with this issue.
- I deleted my account in Sourcetree Tools -> Options -> Authentication and re-added it in order to try resetting the authentication. Still I am getting the never ending pop up every time I try to clone.
- I created an app password to use for logging into the app. When I enter the app password, the same issue persists and the window just keeps popping up over and over.
- I have tried manually cloning the repo using the git clone command in Windows cmd prompt. Again, the login window pops up forever.
One thing to note is that I am only experiencing this on my work laptop. On my home desktop PC (I work a hybrid schedule), I have Sourcetree and was able to do all of the cloning I needed without any issues.
On my work laptop I have admin privilege, so I can install/uninstall software as needed, but I simply cannot get this to work.