Hi Guys,
Please help me to resolve this issue,
I want to disable mail option in my confluence for XML restore, for that I've added below JVM parameters and restarted the service.
-Datlassian.mail.senddisabled=true -D<span>atlassian.mail.fetchdisabled=true</span>
<span>atlassian.mail.fetchdisabled=true</span>
Now these parameters are showing in Confluence's system information's but mails are sending smoothly. Could you please tell me what exactly the error is? and how I can resolve this?
My standalone confluence is installed as service in windows server, so I've followed below docs for setting up the JVM arguments.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Setting+Properties+and+Options+on+Startup#SettingPropertiesandOptionsonStartup-WindowsService
Many thanks in advance.
I know you mentioned the System Info page, did you also verify the arguments show in the log as you expect?In the past I recall having to sometimes quote arguments for some jvm processes,
"-Datlassian.mail.senddisabled=true" "..."
-Datlassian.mail.senddisabled=
true" "..."
Otherwise it sounds like this may be a bug worth raising with Atlassian.
Looks like you are following JIRA's documentation. I'm not sure if these instructions have the same effect on Confluence.
Not sure how to do it in confluence, but you could try to set the outgoing server to a non-existant one temporarily to avoid sending of mails.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+a+Server+for+Outgoing+Mail#ConfiguringaServerforOutgoingMail-ConfiguringConfluencetosendemailmessages
Hi Sameera,
I want to block emails while doing the XML restore. Suppose now if I change the server details to non-existant one, then also while doing the restore, it will map to the actual mail server configuration from the XML file(production backup).
So dont know how I can resolve this?
Thanks,
Sanu P Soman
I guess, I need to restart the server to take this effect? Is it true?
Raised support ticket for this and waiting for the update.
Indeed! If you change JVM parameters you have to restart Confluence.
I restarted confluence, just checking whether I need to restart the windows server to make this effect?
No you don't need to restart Windows server (OS).
Is Confluence/ Tomcat running as a Windows service? If so, you just have to go to Windows services (Start --> Run, services.msc) and restart the Tomcat/ Confluence service.
Yes... I did the same thing and now I can see the newly added parameters in the confluence system informations as well. But this is not blocking any mails
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.