I know that I may update to latest version released whilst subscription is active.but I don't know what constitutes a version.
My preferred interpretation is that (for Bitbucket) 7.6 LTS is the version, which was the last LTS version released during active subscription (specifically 7.6.7). but that 7.6.10 which was released after active subscription is a hotfix on the version 7.6, and thus I am entitled to update to it.This is very important because 7.6.10 contains support for GIT-LFS 3.0, and without it means that LFS is broken as clients continue to update to versions that break compatibility with our current bitbucket server.Further details:
Hi @Andrew Barnes ,
any new binary release is considered a version for Atlassian. It means that for example, if your subscription is active until July 1st and you want to upgrade Bitbucket on August 1st:
In your case, it means you won't be able to install version 7.6.10 unfortunately.
Let me know if this helps,
--Alexis
Hi Alexis,Thanks for your time replying. I am sure however that I read that LTS version is exactly 7.x. and that I'm not to upgrade beyond 7.6. However what is different about LTS versions is that critical/security changes are supported and released as 7.6.x and that these are available for as long as the LTS remains in support (long term support). May I ask you where you are getting your information from?It's not new features, and the advancements beyond 7.6 that I'm after (certainly not for free). This change in git's api degrades the software as it was. it's now a lot less functional than it should be at this point. That's not Atlassian's choice to make this change, but a more unique scenario that also supports why I would expect the LTS versions to continue to be eligible for as long as that branch and feature set remains supported.I'd appreciate some further clarification here, and links to source of this information. if you have it. Thanks,
@Alexis Robert ping
@Alexis Robert Furthermore, Confluence admins would have received instructions from atlassian to resolve critical CVE-2022-26134 which was emailed out on the 3/6/22.
"Atlassian recommends that you upgrade to the latest Long Term Support release"
there is no comment or reflection on subscription status. So again, i strongly feel that we are eligible to update within the LTS branch that was last available during active subscription. can you tell me that I'm wrong?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.