I have read the techniques previously posted re linking to an excel doc from Confluence. But I don't think I see the solution to what I need to do... So it may not be possible.
We have a roster as an excel doc which gets updated weekly. It's in the cloud and there are only certain people who can make edits. As a brand new employee, I have been tasked with getting the roster into Confluence by cutting and pasting from Excel. The Excel doc contains several tabs... That contain several sections. So each section has to be copied into its corresponding section in Confluence. However, this method means I have to go in EVERY WEEK and compare the Excel lists to the corresponding Confluence lists.
I am trying to find away to dynamically update Confluence each time Excel is updated. A simple link from Confluence to the Office cloud would be perfect... Especially if I can make direct links between corresponding sections. Even if it means adding some sort of book mark to the sections in excel... I can probably convince the keepers of the excel sheet to add the bookmarks or let me do just that.
BUT... Is this just some crazy thing I am making up? Is there any sort of method for creating a dynamic link?
Both docs share the same login (SSO) so I don't think that would be an issue.
Any ideas?
THANK YOU! Sorry if this is a totally insane question... I just don't want to spend my days updating the lists in Confluence.