My JIRA instance was configured to use a JNDI database name. When the database password needs to be changed, how do I get JIRA to use the new password?
Hi Tuan,
You can use the JIRA Configuration Tool, as described on this link.
-- Arthur Gonçalves
Just to confirm. The database connection string and password can be located in 2 places.
If you are using the JDBC connection, you probably have those in the Confluence.cfg.xml (in confluence) or dbconfig.xml file (in JIRA).
If you are using the datasource method, then the configuration should be located in the installation_folder/conf/server.xml file.
Cheers,
Rodrigo
Thanks. I tried the configuration tool and the error it gives is: "Your current database configuration uses JNDI, and this configuration tool does not support that." I think I figured it out. I have to change the password in Tomcat's <Resource> config in the server.xml file.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.