In my role, I'm not directly assigned tickets, rather my name is added to a custom field assignment within a ticket. So, unless I directly Watch a ticket, I don't get notifications on it (which is fine, I don't need every single event emailed to me).
What I'm wondering is: Is there a way to have Jira send a Slack notification to me when a ticket that has my name in that sub-field is transitioned from one column to another (for example, from Code Review, to Testing).
This would eliminate a plethora of emails, as well as not rely on me to continually keep an eye on my email box, and would help streamline the testing process at my organization.
I feel like the functionality to do this should exist, but I am not savvy enough (with Slack OR Jira) to figure this situation out. I know Jira notifications can be sent directly to a specific Slack channel, but unless that channel can also @ a person, this isn't a working option.