I built a client application (angular) that allow to my team to create jira issue.The user has to login with their jira credential (user and pw) on my app. To post a issue on JIRA API I'm using basic auth on the request header :"Authorization: Basic XXXXXXXXX"It worked well until we update JIRA and now basic auth not working anymore. What is the best solution to make my app work again ?Should I implement OAuth but I need a server to manage the Jira OAuth logic or is there any other solution keep a simple client app to communicate with JIRA API ?
So, I juste use a proxy on my angular app (client) to be able to keep going the development. For long term solution I'm gonna use a server backend as a proxy to make requests to the JIRA API and then relay the response to my client and add CORS on requests.
Hi @[deleted]I hope you are well.
Depending on the Jira version a quick action is to use personal access tokens within your script.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/using-personal-access-tokens-1026032365.html
Kind regards,Thiago Masutti
ok
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.