I want to display a static image in create/edit issue screen, an image of a chart to teach the users how to select a priority.
I tried:
- Create a custom field using a multiline text field.
- Set its renderer to wikiText renderer.
- Set its default value to ![Image URL here]!.
- Add a ScriptRunner behavior to change the field to read-only.
It sort of works, but the result is unsatisfactory:
- The wikiText editor buttons are still displayed. They are not clickable, but they are not grayed out either, leading user to think they can be used.

- The wikiText editor still allows switching between Visual and Text mode.
- In view issue screen, the edit button (pen icon) is still displayed for the custom field (when clicked it will show the edit screen with the custom field as read-only).
- The size of wikiText editor cannot be controlled, leading to ugly layout if the image size is not just right.

Short of writing a custom control type myself (and I think layout would still be a problem), what are the other alternatives?