I have created a screen called "Work Log" and added the time spent (work log) field to it along with a couple of other critical fields users need to update before moving a ticket from In Progress (they have been working on an issue) to any other status. How do I cause this screen to pop up if a ticket is on the "In Progress" status and another status is clicked?
Hey @Sara Nicholson ,
To make it pop-up you'll need to add it as a Transition screen in your workflow
The below link explains how to do it for a comment (can't find any other example) but it explains how to add a screen to a workflow transition.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-add-a-comment-during-a-transition-779160682.html
Hi Sara,
ps. If more than one transition from "In Progress", you need to do all process one by one.
Thank you for this!! I will give it a go!
Thanks @Dirk Ronsmans ! I will try this and thanks for the link!
Hi @Yasin HALICI
Are you using cloud or server? Here are the steps I took but when I move a ticket status from "In Progress" to "Awaiting Release Info" the system changes the status but I do not get the "Work Log" pop up screen I created. I am sure I am missing something, like perhaps I haven't associated the screen properly? Any insight you or @Dirk Ronsmans might have would be appreciated. (Yes we have a pretty complex workflow - we used a Jira Contractor to customize our workflow).
Thanks for the help!
Sara
Hi @Sara Nicholson
I am using Server. All steps you've done are correct. It should work as my opinion.
@Dirk Ronsmans , I noticed in the linked instructions it said to create the screen but not add any fields to it, then link it to the workflow. "After that, leave the configuration page of the newly created screen as it is - without any fields added to it." Is it possible that because I configured the screen and then added it to the workflow, that is why it won't work?
Thanks, Sara
The "no fields" is only valid if you wish to have only a comment box popup (it's a specific usecase) since adding no fields will default to just the comments fields.
You can just add all the fields you need.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.