Hi,
I recently upgraded JIRA to a 25 users license. Confluence was configured to get users from JIRA using the crowd connection (I think).
As a result more than 10 users exists in confluence (witch I don't need by the way). As a result no confluence users are able to use write an article (shame).
I remove those users from confluence-users group : no effects. I deactivated them : no effects as well, more important they were deactivated in JIRA.
Then, I got pissed, lack of sleep didn't help : decided to configure Jira to remove the link with confluence and recreate users in Confluence : FAIL. Of course, now I have no users in confluence, when I ask for a forgotten password (maybe an admin user would have survived, how knows?) here is what I get :
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Application failed to authenticate
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.updateUserCredential(CrowdServiceImpl.java:383)
caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Application failed to authenticate
at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.throwError(RestExecutor.java:490)
Pretty logical...
I configure a crowd connection in JIRA for confluence, but don't even remember how it was set up in the first place, with what I read in your documentation makes me think I did it from Confluence, that would explain a lot, I cut the rop the wrong end...
Help !
Desperately,
Benoit