Hello,
my old Jira installation was on Debian 9 with Mysql 8.0.25 and all worked fine.
I exported the DB with dump to SQL file, installed a fresh Debian 11 with Mysql 8.0.29 (8.0.25 not available on Debian 11) and imported it in the new database created using this help https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/connecting-jira-to-mysql-8-0-1018272102.html
Jira start but i have the error "
The table collation: 'utf8_bin' is unsupported by Jira. The Database collation: 'utf8mb4_bin' is supported by Jira." but the database on the new user is correctly configured.

I checked with this command :
mysql> use jiradb;
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
Database changed
@collation_database;
+--------------------------+----------------------+
@collation_database |
+--------------------------+----------------------+
| utf8mb4 | utf8mb4_bin |
+--------------------------+----------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
What's wrong for you ?
I checked the same on the old server :
Database changed
@collation_database;
+--------------------------+----------------------+
@collation_database |
+--------------------------+----------------------+
| utf8mb3 | utf8_bin |
+--------------------------+----------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
It's different but no error was showed..
Jira Service Management 4.20.2
Jira Software 8.20.2
Thank you for help..
Julian