I have not been able to find a way to delete projects or goals. Is this not possible, or have I just missed it?
Hi Jimi,
i think so far it is only possible to archive projects and goals in Atlas at the moment.
At least I have not seen any other option so far.
Greetings,
Patricia
Hi Jimi!
To delete a project you should go to
projects --> view all projects --> click on "..." next to the project you want to delete and then you should see the "delete project" option.
Hope it helps.
Best,Alberto
There is no Delete option, only the next:
Yep that's correct - no delete yet, just archive.
If you don't mind me asking, would love to learn more about the scenario you ran into when you wanted delete?
For me, it would simply be maintenance. Rather than having an ever-growing archive, it would be helpful to fully clear out things that no longer have relevance. It would make the archive more functional as a restoration tool if it served as that transitional space between a project/goal and full deletion.
Over months/years, the archive will become massive and more unruly without any deletion capability.
Deletion supports better maintenance / organizational hygiene from my pov.
@Sherif Mansour the scenario for us is: we are learning how to make Atlas work for us. Part of this learning is discovering what should count as a "goal". As we experiment, we discover that some "goals" we captured are best captured in some other way, so we want to delete them. This is before we have added any updates to the goal.
+1 need the ability (even if just for Admins) to delete old Projects, Goals, Tags (Topics). In testing we have created a bunch of old ones. One really big use case of why this currently is an issue is that in "Projects" if you click to filter by "Goals" all goals show up (both current and archived). I renamed the to archived but still they shouldn't show up in this filter without the option to include archived ones.(side note is that I'm very worried about opening this up as everyone has the ability to create anything and nothing can be deleted)
A suggestion:I'm perfectly comfortable not allowing for deletion of any project that was started and has an update, so companies keep those records. But we just accidentally created a few duplicate projects and I'm hoping we can get rid of them. They're empty.
There are a couple of storage-related considerations:
+1 for the desire to delete - not having a delete is strange and risky for all the reasons noted above.
We are also learning how to use this tool and in the process we've created some dummy/wrong projects and goals and we want to delete them now. It is weird how this tool does not have an option to delete stuff...
+1 for getting a delete option for wrongly created projects.
+1 for the delete
+1 for delete
please allow for delete. one can only archive and this is posing a problem for us currently, as we're testing out the functionality of atlas and when I filter goals on the timeline, I can the archived ones I was testing. This is far from ideal. There are many things that can be deleted on Atlassian products, but not this
+1 for delete of Atlas projects - is this in the backlog for Atlas?
2 years and still no delete, is it even on the roadmap?
Any ETA on delete?
+1
+1 for delete- Need do delete dummy projects and projects that were split into other projects
I don't agree right away. We have made some projects en goals as a testcase and entered updates to test how Atlas works. I also want do delete those entries even if there are updates..
+1 for the delete!
@Sherif Mansour Any update on this? Judging on the comments, the demand for this feature is there and there are some good reasons to have the option to delete.
+1 for delete of goals and projects
Also curious: does an archived project count as storage and if so, against which license?
I reckon this functionality may be added to the new Platform Experiences.
In the meantime, I leave here also my +1 for being able to delete goals and projects.
This issue has been open for a long time , we can't delete dummy goals while trying this feature.
Please inform us about the updates.
Thank you.
Please, let's get an option to delete Goals and Projects in Atlas
Wow - Came here looking for a solution to this and am so disappointed to see your comment from over 2 years ago and no update. It renders the filter settings useless if they are populated with irrelevant options.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.