Hi,
I am trying to build a project automation rule that will create a service request ticket every month for a particular activity that is carried out on a recurring basis. To create the ticket, I need to satisfy the mandatory fields, some of which include custom cascading fields which are not displayed in the 'Choose fields to set' part of the automation query. I therefore need to use the 'more options - Additional Fields' section to update these four fields (Notification Channel; Directorate & Business Unit; Requested Service; Application & Component).
I have tried multiple ways to get this to run, but am either ending up with
- "Create issue - Error while parsing additional fields. Not valid JSON" or
- "Error creating issue - Directorate & Business Unit is required. (customfield_11309), Requested Service is required. (customfield_11917), Notification Channel is required. (customfield_11908)"
Below is what I am using when the latter error is produced:
{
"update": {
"Notification Channel": [
{
"set": {
"value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.Notification Channel."System"}}",
"child": {
"value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.Notification Channel.child."Scheduled Event"}}"
}
}
}
],
"Directorate & Business Unit": [
{
"set": {
"value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.Directorate & Business Unit."ICT & Information Management"}}",
"child": {
"value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.Directorate & Business Unit.child."Digital Solutions"}}"
}
}
}
],
"Requested Service": [
{
"set": {
"value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.Requested Service."Measurement & Reporting"}}",
"child": {
"value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.Requested Service.child."User Profile Report"}}"
}
}
}
],
"Application & Component": [
{
"set": {
"value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.Application & Component."C3MS"}}",
"child": {
"value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.Application & Component.child."User Account / Security Roles"}}"
}
}
}
]
}
}
Any suggestions on how I can successfully get these fields to update so that the ticket can be created?