I would like to list the ISSUE’s which are in (Resolved) state where the assignee is not same as reporter and save this as a filter.
I understand this is not possible using jira out of box
Any ideas?
Rahul
In addition to John's answer... script runner has an expression JQL function that allows you to compare if values are the same, different, greater than etc.
Examples and docn here: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-expression(Subquery,expression)
Here's a couple options:
1. Purchase and install the JQL Tricks Plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.j-tricks.jql-plugin). This plugin has the hasSameValues function which provides the ability to compare two fields. (http://www.j-tricks.com/jqlt-issue-functions.html)
2. Install the script runner plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner). Create a scripted field which will have the value of true if the assignee and reporter match, and false if they don't. Then you can query off of this scripted field. This scripted field doesn't have to be visible on your issue.
thanks John..
Shame there is no option for either of these plugins for the Cloud offering would be useful to be able to create JQL where you could compare timespent > timeestimate
SQL for JIRA is the natural way to acheieve it as it transforms any JQL into a pure SQL query, then you can operate on the JIRA data by using SQL or JQL together according to your needs.
Ex:
issue in sql("
select i.key from issues i where i.jql='resolution=unresolved' and i.assignee != i.reporter
")
Voila, the JQL above is just waht you are looking for
Hi John,
those are very great tools and I think they can help me what I am trying to do: I have a few parent tasks - lets say of the issue type "monthly meeting". Now from every "monthlymeeting" there are sub tasks created. What I want to do is to show all sub tasks on all parent tasks of the issue type "monthlymeeting" which are creating during a period of time. The reason why I want to seperate by issue type is that there are more issue types like "dailymeeting" and "semestermeeting", So a query to automatically show only the sub-tasks from a specific meeting with jtricks could look like this:
issue in parent ("issuetype = 'monthlymeeting'") and issue in hasSameValues("issue in parent ("issuetype = 'monthlymeeting'")", "customfieldValue")
The customfieldValue is inherited from the parents issue type, is there a way to compare not only one but two issues?
I hope this makes my usecase understandable. Thanks for your help and advice.
Best regards,
Christoph
In ScriptRunner you would do:
issueFunction in subtasksOf("issuetype = monthlymeeting and created > -1w") and customField = monthlymeeting
although I'm not really sure the purpose of the custom field.
It is very hard to justify an investment of $12K plus for a simple comparison query.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.