How can I give some users limited Service Desk Access and other users full Jira access - while still keeping all of their approver roles and moving issues through the workflow?
There are sensitive payroll/bonus related tickets that only a select few should see. Those people would need to see tickets assigned to them, be able to approve/deny them and move them along in the workflow without being able to see any other tickets or issues within the project.
My understanding is that these people who need limited access require only Service Desk Access.
There are others (managers/directors/etc) who should have full back-end Jira access to see everything.
Can this be done? If so- how?
I've looked into creating an ISSUE SECURITY SCHEME but these aren't very clear and I've yet to see where I can assign a specific payroll/bonus ticket type to them scheme. It seems as though you can apply an ISSUE SECURITY SCHEME to a PROJECT, but not an ISSUE (which doesn't make sense to me.)
I've also tried putting users in either SERVICE DESK TEAM (which has full back-end Jira access) and SERVICE DESK CUSTOMER (limited access) for their roles, but then various approval buttons and other workflow missteps happened.
Is it a matter of going to the PROJECT PERMISSIONS area and adding indiviudal names in either the "Browse Projects", "Assign Issues", "Edit Issues", "Transition Issues", etc.?