I'd like to mask date fields, in order to restrict dates values and avoid inputs like 01/01/20016 (which would be accepted by JIRA but it would make the indexing fail).
Is there any javascript available that would do it?
Thanks in advance,
What kind of Custom Field are you using? If you use a Date Picker Custom Field it will already restrict the date input appropriately, using the Day/Month/Year Format as defined in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customizing+the+Look+and+Feel
Jira will let me input 01/01/20016: https://casari-asoc.mangoapps.com/sf/Njc1NTRfMTU1MTc5OQ The format is defined as dd/MM/YYYY in the Admin/Look and Feel This caused me once a failed reindexing. I need to avoid this and also would like to restrict future dates, say duedates no later that 01/01/2018. Thanks.
That's odd, JIRA is supposed to validate input with JS in the client. I imagine you may be able to workaround that by populating the field with the Update Issue Post-Function, or another similar function. Was the data added through the edit field normally, or another way?
It's added in the Create Issue screen, you can try and reproduce it. This is JIRA 6.1.5
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.