This question relates to Confluence 5.1.3 download version with the documentation theme.
In our organisation we have a number of blog posts targeted primarily at developer users of our Confluence instance. My problem is that older blog posts start to get lost after a few months. I try to label blog posts according to topic (e.g. Java, Hibernate, Database, etc) but it requires me to write a page for that topic and include a "blost posts" macro filtered by that label.
The Browse > Blogs section isn't very useful beyond finding the last few blogs. I want discovery to be automatic so I want to be able to have a central blog post page that allows easy discovery of existing content.
E.g. For blog posts in the given space, give me a list of labels used and the count of blog posts which contain that category. This immediately tells me what topics are regularly blogged about and should hopefully allow me to follow a "content by label" link to find those blog posts for topics I am interested in.
Is there an out-of-the-box solution for this? Alternatively, what is my next best bet? Can this be done with a user macro?