What are the drawbacks of attaching bigger file sizes. Our attachement size on the server is 240 GB.
Attachments take up disk space and hence increase the size and time of your backups, but the total volume doesn't matter to JIRA really.
JIRA is not built to handle large files, you may run into interrupted uploads or downloads if you allow very large files to be attached, and sometimes memory issues if they're renderable. Some plugins will also struggle.
We have our Jira system restricted to 5MB for each issue to be created. Our customer wants to store large files into the jira system say above 80 MB for each issue. Would it be advisable?
80Mb is higher than I would recommend generally, especially if they're a file type that JIRA can render inline.
I would also like to know how much can I restrict an attachment file size for each of the jira issue? Any recommendations on that?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.