Hello,
I have been trying to retrieve the parent page ID using the child's page ID, but I am unable to retrieve this information using REST API.
I have tried using the following endpoints but the response did not return the parent page ID :
'https://confluence[server]/rest/api/content/[child_id]' 'https://confluence[server]/rest/api/space/[child_id]?expand=space'
Can someone please let me know how I can get the ID of the parent page using the REST API in python?
Thank you!
Hi @Prem Methuku Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
If you have the target pageID, then you can use the following REST API call to the get the list of ancestors (aka parents) of the current page.
<Confluence_Base_URL>/rest/api/content/<pageID>?expand=ancestors
Kind regards,Thiago Masutti
That works! Thanks Thiago.
If you (or somebody else for that matter) will be using the Python library you can just call
page = confluence.get_page_by_id(page_id=page_id, expand='ancestors')parent_id = page['ancestors'][-1]['id']
and get the parent_id from a list of ancestors.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.