I manage a large system with a lot of automation.
In this situation I have a Parent workflow, which uses ScriptRunner to create linked child issues in other projects. The script is set to run a 'Automation'.
The child issuetype is available in 30 different projects, in 4 issuetype schemes using two workflows.
What we don't want is for users in the projects to create this issuetype manually - it should only ever be created by automation from the Parent workflow.
I can adjust the Create permission validator on the child workflows to prevent users from creating the issue. But this also blocks the automation from working - even though the ScriptRunner clone function is set to 'run as' the Automation user, it still seems to check the permissions of the Current User.
We could use a ScriptRunner behaviour, but as this functions as a whitelist so it creates a maintenance burden.
Can anyone suggest a low maintenance solution to prevent users from creating certain issue types?