Hi All,
I have seen the macro's self-referenced documentation: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/RUN/Hide+Macro
I want to use the macro to hide content from all but a few individuals. I tried using
literal = false showif = myname:$user
but the content stays hidden.
Please provide a reference to examples hiding or showing content based on user identity.
Many Thanks!
Akash
You could try the Visibility macro from ServiceRocket. It works for me.
The Hide macro works with regex matching and you are not going to get a match of myname with $user as both are text values unless you have this included in a run macro where user is one of your user defined variables.
Milo's answer is appropriate if you are just changing view of content based on users and groups.
Bob Swift, i would like to ask if some Regex examples of what to put directly into the Hide Macro. I am using very very basic regex and it is not working
I want to hide unless the current user id on the form is one of several
showif = $current_user_id:csweet|srinehart|wknapp
I have also tried
showif = $current_user_id:(csweet|srinehart|wknapp)
neither have worked
only csweet is shown the panel if i have it as
showif = $current_user_id:csweet
or
showif = $current_user_id:cweet:srinehart:wknapp
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.