I'm currently managing a large JIRA instance that has a large number of groovy scripts to enforce particular business process etc. Every time a change is made myself and others have to spend a large amount of time manually testing changes and it's leading to alot of human error (easy to miss edge cases etc).
Some of the scripts also need to be bulletproof because business effectively would stop if they broke, so I need a robust, consistent way to confirm they do what they're supposed to and that changes don't have unintended consequences.
I was wondering if it's possible to build unit, functional & regression tests for groovy scripts that run inside the Script Runner & Behaviours plugins? Not sure if it really makes any difference but the scripts are a mix of scripted event listeners, post functions and field validators, with a small amount of data being pulled from an external database.